Acknowledgments and info
Grateful acknowledgement and thanks to:
• Dr Ignacio Ponseti for over 50 years of dedication to improving the lives of thousands of children born with clubfoot. Our son’s life is immeasurably improved by his knowledge and skill.
• Dr Ponseti’s secretary Joyce Roller.
• Maria Miller who assisted Dr Ponseti in applying the casts.
Dr Ponseti died at 95 years of age on 18 October 2009.
Dr Ponseti will be missed by so many but his legacy lives on in the footsteps of Alex Moss and all the other children touched by his work.
Dr Jose Morcuende continues Dr Ponseti’s work at the University of Iowa Children’s Hospital and heads the Ponseti International Association.
Jose Morcuende, M.D.
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics
Address: University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, 200 Hawkins Drive, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
• Ronald MacDonald House, Iowa City for the kindness and assistance of the fulltime and volunteer staff while we stayed there for the duration of Alexander’s treatment
Contact information: www.rmhc.com
• The “Ponseti parents” of the Yahoo group, Nosurgery4clubfoot for their advice and support
• Family and friends for providing love and support, even when we made a treatment choice that went against all conventional medical opinion in South Africa at that time.
• And finally – Alex’s dad, my husband Steve, for having an open mind and the courage to choose the best option for Alex’s treatment. Steve took a month off from his busy consulting business so that he could be with us in Iowa City. I wouldn’t have been able to do it without his love and support.